Monday, July 18, 2016

YELLOWSTONE + GRAND TETONS


Little family weekend getaway in Yellowstone!!!!!! TBH my family is not outsoors-y in the slightest, so a few days was just perfect!








































So this past weekend we took a little trip with our friends the Oswalds + 2 Japanese foreign exchange students + 1 Uruguayan, Vero! It was a fun little vaca and I'm just gonna make a list of the fun/cool/interesting things we did!

1. I read "Stolen Innocence" to fuel my polygamy-interested brain
2. It was hard to understand the Japanese students so we tried to keep things as simple as possible lol
3. The geysers were cool for like 1 day and then I got bored lol but still cute
4. WE LITERALLY WERE ON TOP OF AN ACTIVE VOLCANO!!!!!! I KEPT THINKING IT WAS GOING TO ERUPT AND IDK IT WAS FUN/WEIRD
5. If I would've seen Old Faithful before everything else, I would've been more impressed. Still cool though.
6. Seeing bison and elk and zebras and giraffes and butterflies lol you can guess which ones we actually saw
7. Not seeing a bear but it's okay
8. Buying a fox head for $5 at a fur store in town
9. Buying homemade taffy in town SO GOOD!!!!!!!
10. Getting a v cute sweatshirt at the gift store.
11. Getting to spend quality time with the fan even though we were madcocks by the end
12. My dad trying to find every person who spoke dutch and speaking with them lol
13. Seeing the stars at night :)
14. Meeting a guy from Bentonville in Jackson Hole, WY and talking Arkansas with him

1 comment: