Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Holiness to The Lord. House of The Lord.





LATEST DORM DECOR! I'm obsessed with prints and prints over photos and I love fonts and I love InDesign. Here is my latest project! I plan on hanging these photos above my bed in my dorm room. All these temples have some meaning to my life.

1. Santiago, Chile Temple. My older brother, Kamiko, is serving his LDS mission in the northern part of Santiago! I had never actually seen photos of the temple until today when I was googling temple photos (btw, lds.org has photos of EVERY TEMPLE IN THE WORLD! Thanks LDS.org for being so organized and having free photo downloads). This week is Kamiko's 8 month mark! THATS ONE THIRD OF THE WAY DONE. He continues to love the gospel and he loves serving The Lord.

2. Oakland, California Temple. This is where my parents were married! CUTEST RIGHT?! I've always loved this temple mostly because there are stairs that lead to the roof and you just get to look out into the valley and it's absolutely beautiful!

3. Laie, Hawaii Temple. Honestly, this is probably my favorite temple of all time. I've always been connected to my Hawaiian culture through dancing hula so I have a special connection to this temple since it's in the heart of Hawaii!

4. Salt Lake City, Utah Temple. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SLC TEMPLE! Just the fact that it took 40 years to complete is crazy! There was so much sacrifice and effort put into the building of this temple. It's so beautiful really! The Salt Lake temple has to be one of my favorites because it's located on Temple Square and Temple Square is one of my favorite places in Utah! Christmas time and Spring time are the best times of the year to go see the temple.

5. Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I basically fell in love with this picture when I saw it today. I remember in 7th or 8th grade when my family got to tour the Draper and Oquirrh Mountain temples. I've never been back to either temple since that experience, but I loved getting to tour the entire buildings during their open houses!

Temples are some of my favorite things and words from the prophets are another one of my favorite things! I combined them together and I couldn't be more excited about the finished product!

xo
Al

PS. ARKANSAS IS ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY. I'M FREAKING OUT A LITTLE.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new memes and your work w/ InDesign. PS You're freaking you're leaving? How about your dad who is freaking out you're going! :(..........................

    ReplyDelete