Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I'M IN ARKANSAS, Y'ALL


















SO I'M OFFICIALLY IN ARKANSAS AND FRESHMAN ORIENTATION IS TOMORROW AND I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT LIFE. So, this morning my mom and I flew from SLC-PHX-TUL and then drove to Arkansas. (I got 1 hour of sleep so I'm super worn out.) I can't even begin to describe how much I love Arkansas! Our plans today were to drive from the airport to the hotel, but we decided to go to Christ of the Ozarks in Eureka Springs. Utah friends, EUREKA SPRINGS IS CUTER/BETTER THAN PARK CITY. It's so artsy and old and cute and hip and so many things that I can't even describe. So, Christ of the Ozarks is this 70 foot statue of Christ that looks over the Ozark mountains! It's BEAUTIFUL! I loved it. Right off to the side of the statue is a small church that has a piece of the Berlin wall with it! So historic and fab. Anyways, Eureka Springs. I'm obsessed, basically. They have the cutest shops and the cutest houses and the cutest cottage hotels that are the most fantastic things ever. Everything was closed when we went, (idk who closes shop at 6:30 but whatever.) but I found the COOLEST Razorback gift shop with these glass stone things and I had to take pictures of them. I want to take them all and put them in my dorm. So cool. Also, we went to Whataburger AND THESE ARE MY FEELINGS: THEY NEED FRY SAUCE ON THEIR BURGERS THEN THEY WOULD BE THE BEST. I Taco Amigo and In n Out much better. The south needs fry sauce.

Other news, I dyed my hair SUPER dark brown. It's cool. and my mom is like my BFF

Now we're at our hotel. We got some french bread, cheese, and meat because #starving, I'm blogging because there is so much excitement. Also, I'll blog tomorrow about how boring/interesting/weird/fun orientation is going to be :)

xo
Al

2 comments: